Body art is becoming more and more popular by the day.
According to a survey done by the Pew Research Center, 38% of young people at college and university have at least one tattoo on their bodies, and this percentage is increasing.
What’s more, only a quarter of these people just have one tattoo, while 75% of these people have more than one tattoo.
However, getting a tattoo is only the start for tattoo lovers since they require care to look good throughout their life span.
Proper tattoo care is also required for healing the wounds which are caused by the tattooing process.
If you are a body art lover and have at least one tattoo on your body, then you undoubtedly use a tattoo lotion for your tattoo aftercare.
In this article, we are going to present the best tattoo lotions available in the market, chosen by our experts.
So here are the top 7 best lotions for tattoo aftercare with their positive and negative aspects.
Hopefully, this will help you buy the best lotion for your tattoo aftercare.
1. Hustle Butter Deluxe Lotion for Tattoo Aftercare
- BEFORE, DURING, AFTER: Hustle Butter Deluxe is an original luxury tattoo care product for every stage of the tattoo process. It helps prepare the skin to make it more soft supple, offers superior...
- NUMEROUS BENEFITS: Unlike others, Hustle Butter Deluxe does NOT remove stencils, won’t lead to clogged tubes or petroleum buildup. Hustle Butter Deluxe keeps skin workable, drastically reduces...
- VEGAN INGREDIENTS: Certified cruelty-free, absolutely vegan, our all-natural butter is also petroleum, paraben free. It is made from only the finest ingredients, including Shea, Mango, Aloe butter,...
- EASY TO USE: Loved by tattoo artists worldwide (as well as their clients) Hustle Butter Deluxe can be applied to the skin as-needed before, during the tattoo process. It should be applied to the skin...
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: Package includes (1) tub of Hustle Butter Deluxe Tattoo Butter 150ml (5oz)
This incredible tattoo lotion is one of the best products available on the market.
It comes in two sizes, 1 and 5 ounces, which increases the options available and giving people a less expensive option if they only need a small amount for a smaller tattoo.
This tattoo lotion is used, loved and recommended by tattoo experts around the world.
It helps the user to heal a new tattoo in a short time and keep a bright color for a long time, so all body art lovers should give this product a try.
One of its many benefits is that it can be applied to the tattoo at any stage as it moisturizes the skin and heals the tattoo quickly.
This product is harmless for your skin, and it prevents redness, swelling, and bleeding, which is a positive aspect of the product.
It is also recommended because it is petroleum-free and paraben-free. It is vegan certified and it contains many organic, natural, and herbal ingredients. The inclusion of natural ingredients makes it one of the top products that we can recommend.
During the tattooing process, it offers a superior glide and turns the skin supple, which makes it unique and reliable.
The package of lotion contains one tub of butter, which makes it durable and simple to use.
One negative feature of this product is that it does stain fabric, so people should wrap it carefully to avoid staining clothing and other fabrics.
Pros of Using Hustle Butter Deluxe
- Soothing effect
- Quick healing
- Natural ingredients
Cons of Using Hustle Butter Deluxe
- Leaves stain on fabrics.
2. Lubriderm Tattoo Daily Care Water-Based Lotion
- 24-fluid ounces of Lubriderm Tattoo Daily Care Moisturizing Lotion is clinically proven to moisturize for 24 hours and helps keep tattooed skin hydrated and looking its best
- From the #1 recommended brand by tattoo artists for tattoo care, it features an unscented water-based formula that is ideal for skin once tattoos have healed
- The unique formula of this tattoo moisturizer helps maintain skin's moisture and is enriched with glycerin, vitamin B5, and essential nutrients naturally found in healthy skin
- Our fragrance-free lotion leaves a clean, non-greasy feel while it works to improve your skin's natural moisture barrier
- Unscented moisturizing lotion helps give tattooed skin the special attention it needs and is ideal for daily use on normal to dry skin
This amazing tattoo lotion is one of the best for tattoo lovers because it’s very nourishing for the skin, and maintains the quality of the tattoo as well.
This tattoo lotion includes ingredients that maintain essential and beneficial natural nutrients in healthy skin.
By buying this product, the user is assured that they are using a safe and healthy product without compromising on their health requirements.
This product is unique in that it keeps the skin hydrated for up to 24 hours. Well-moisturized skin helps the tattoo heal and look its best.
Many tattoo experts consider this product to be the best tattoo lotion and regularly recommend it to their customers.
They like the unscented water-based formula, which is best for healing skin. The unscented moisturizing lotion gives a unique look to the tattoo.
This is best for every sort of skin, whether it is dry or oily.
This lotion leaves a clean and a non-greasy feel.
It also improves the moisture barrier of the skin.
One negative aspect of the product is the presence of mineral oil in its ingredients.
Pros of Using Lubriderm Tattoo Daily Care
- Unscented water-based formula
- 24-hour moisture maintenance
- Good for every skin
Cons of Using Lubriderm Tattoo Daily Care
- Contains mineral oil
3. Tattoo Salve, Tattoo Aftercare
- Ora's tattoo aftercare and itch relief is made with our base oil which is slow infused with organic herbs and love. Helps tattoos heal faster and with less itchy tattoos.
- Keep petroleum off your tattoo, your skin, and out of your body.
- Herbal Infused, Synthetic Free, Small batch. Ora's Amazing Herbal is a small family business that is environmentally, socially, and ethically responsible.
- No lanolin, aloe, parabens, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, wheat, grain, gluten, dyes.
- Continue to use as needed after tattoo has healed to help keep skin healthy and tattoo fresh, and for everyday scrapes bumps minor burns and bruises.
Our experts recommend this product because it is free of harmful ingredients and is environmentally friendly, which is attractive for buyers who are concerned with the quality of the products they use on their skin.
This lotion is free of potentially harmful ingredients like lanolin, aloe, parabens, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, wheat, grain, gluten, and dyes.
This tattoo lotion is made up of herbal ingredients and manufactured in small batches.
Moreover, this lotion heals the skin faster than a normal tattoo lotion and also prevents itchy skin on the tattooed area of the body.
The lotion also prevents petroleum from entering the body. It is ideal for everyday scrapes, bumps, minor burns, and bruises.
The negative aspect of the lotion is that has an oily consistency on the skin, which can cause stickiness between the skin and garments.
Pros of Using Tattoo Salve, Tattoo Aftercare
- Faster healing
- Prevents petroleum from entering the body
- No harmful ingredients
Cons of Using Tattoo Salve, Tattoo Aftercare
4. Viking Revolution Tattoo Care Balm for Before, During & Post Tattoo
- FASTER HEALING: Is your skin sore or red from your new tattoo? Our soothing, moisturizing lotion can help speed up the skin’s recovery process post treatment. Heal with ease with our tattoo balm.
- BRIGHTEN OLD TATTOOS: Our cream works on any area that you’ve had a tattoo. It not only moisturizes to make the skin there happy and calm, it also brightens up older tattooed areas.
- NATURAL, VEGAN BALM: The whole process of getting a tattoo can be hard on the skin. Our aftercare balm is chemical free, vegan and sure to soothe your healing skin. It also smells awesome!
- BEFORE, DURING & AFTER: Don’t wait until your tattoo is done to start using our skin ointment. Apply the cream before you get your tattoo for the smoothest application process ever.
- THE VIKING GUARANTEE: All Viking products come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee - just contact us if for any reason you’re not happy with your purchase.
This incredible tattoo lotion can be purchased in single units or as a pack of two, which is cheaper and more convenient for larger or multiple tattoos.
This makes it an appealing option for many people who want to have a sufficient amount of lotion available affordably.
The pain from the tattoo procedure is instantly relieved by this product, leaving the skin with a soothing feeling.
It consists of herbal ingredients, which is an essential requirement. You can use the balm on your skin even before the tattoo, which will help you have a better experience.
This is a very soothing lotion that promotes faster healing of the skin.
The best feature of this lotion is that it further brightens the tattoo, which makes it look more attractive.
The manufacturing company of this balm assures customers that if they do not like their product, then they can get their money back.
This guarantee makes this lotion a great choice if you’re not sure if it’ll work well for your skin.
Pros of Using Viking Revolution Tattoo Care Balm
- Brightens the tattoo
- Faster healing
- Natural ingredients
Cons of Using Viking Revolution Tattoo Care Balm
- Can cause rashes with longer use
5. H2Ocean Ocean Care Tattoo Aftercare, 2.5 Ounce
- Vegan friendly
- Water based (petroleum free)
- Fragrance free
This amazing body art lotion is specially made for tattoos.
It is one of the best tattoo lotions available because it can be used on any part of the body, which makes it very convenient to use.
It comes in two sizes, 2 oz and 2.5 oz.
These sizes are similar and the lack of a larger option may be an issue for some people.
This tattoo lotion is vegan-friendly, which means it doesn’t contain any animal products.
This product is also petroleum-free, which makes this product better for the user’s skin and more environmentally friendly than petroleum-based products.
It is water-based and fragrance-free, so it’s good for sensitive skin.
This is a good general lotion to use on tattoos.
Pros of Using H2Ocean Ocean Care
Cons of Using H2Ocean Ocean Care
- Only available in similar sizes
6. Tattoo Goo The Original After Care Salve, 0.75 Ounce
- Natural Choice for healing your tattoo fast
- For skin that is damaged, chapped, scraped, sun or wind burned from X-Treme sports
- Based with herbs, oils, and vitamins known for their natural healing properties
- Allows the skin to breath and helps to soothe the tattoo as it heals
- Petroleum free, lanolin free and mineral oil free
This fantastic tattoo lotion is made up of all-natural ingredients, which is one of the most demanded features of tattoo lotions.
This product contains none of the potentially harmful substances petroleum, mineral oil, and lanolin making this lotion more reliable as it’s safer for the skin.
It proves a soothing effect and aids healing. This versatile tattoo lotion is ideal for skin that is damaged, chapped, scraped, sun, or windburned.
Tattoo lovers want a lotion that instantly eases the pain from getting a tattoo, and this lotion provides users with that soothing feeling.
Skin heals more quickly as well, which is also important.
The ingredients of this product are herbs, oils, and vitamins known for their natural healing properties.
One negative aspect of this lotion is that it is not fragrance-free, which can cause problems for some people.
Pros of Using Tattoo Goo
- Instantly promotes healing
- No harmful ingredients
- Soothing effect
Cons of Using Tattoo Goo
- Not fragrance-free
7. After Inked Tattoo Moisturizer & Aftercare Lotion 3oz Tube
- Daily skin moisturizer for new and existing tattoos
- Effectively moisturizes existing tattoos and naturally helps new tattoos to look healthier
- Enriched with grape seed oil
- Daily skin moisturizer for new and existing tattoos. Will not stick to your clothes.
- Non-Petroleum based, Paraben-Free, Fragrance-Free, Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Gluten-Free.
This American made tattoo lotion is very famous across the globe and is also recommended by satisfied customers.
It can be used daily without any hesitation because it is not harmful and provides a soothing effect on the newly tattooed skin.
It is enriched with grape seed oil, which is very useful for the health of the skin because it contains many vital and healthy nutrients.
One of the unique features of this product is that it is non-sticky, which is good because it will not stick to clothing, making it easy to use even after you can stop keeping the tattoo covered.
Moreover, this product is hypoallergenic and safe to use on any skin, as determined by dermatologists.
It’s also fragrance-free, petroleum-free, paraben-free and made with all-natural ingredients.
One negative aspect is even though it’s said to be hypoallergenic, some customers complained of skin irritation after use.
Pros of Using After Inked Tattoo Moisturizer
- All-natural ingredients
Cons of Using After Inked Tattoo Moisturizer
- Several customers complained about skin irritation.
What to Consider Before Buying Tattoo Aftercare Lotion
A customer will find two options for their tattoo aftercare: lotion or ointment.
A buyer should decide based on which ingredients are better for their skin, and if they have particularly sensitive skin they can consult a dermatologist for better advice.
The product should provide a soothing effect, promote healing and keep the skin hydrated.
The buyer should be looking for a product that is all-natural and cruelty-free for a better experience.
Most people probably prefer a fragrance-free option.
Ointments are better for people living in sunny areas and who lack plenty of vegetables and fruits in their diets, but many people prefer lotions over ointments.
Even when using an ointment immediately after getting a tattoo, people should shift from ointment to lotions after the tattoo has healed.
Avoid products that contain petroleum, paraben, or lanolin as they are harmful to your tattoo.
We hope that you have found all this information helpful and beneficial and we have tried our best to enable you to buy the best tattoo lotion for aftercare.
Read our buyer’s guide to know what to look for, and the top seven picks to find the best one.